We are heading on a Disney Cruise with my husband’s family this weekend!!! We are so so excited!! But packing for a trip with a baby is a little different then when it was just the two of us :) requires a little more planning this time around!
We are going on the Disney FANTASY boat – and sailing the Caribbean :) We are stopping in SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO, ST MAARTEN & CASTAWAY CAY
We are going with Adam’s family and Logan’s 5 older cousins :) Luckily his cousin Leo is only 2 weeks older so they will have fun playing in the shade together! hehe
PACKING FOR BABY
- We packed tons of Hats for Logan – mostly bucket hats from Carters & H&M etc…I also ordered him this one by North Face that will give him full coverage – he is a fair haired ginger after all – so the sun is not his friend :)
- Swim Suits – I packed swim trunks and also 4 one piece suits to give him more UV protection! Joe Fresh has some really cool ones
<“Little Surf Dude” : JOE FRESH / Whales: Carters>
- Sunglasses – we have a pair of baby bandz & just a cute pair of black aviators from Carters (that Logan loves wearing thank goodness) But I also ordered him a pair of BABIATORS :) and I can’t wait for him to wear them!
- Hooded Towels….We have a big finding Nemo one and I got this super cute cape one from Winners that makes it so easy to cover Logan up for $12. I also scored a shark cape towel from Walmart for $7.
DECKED OUT IN DISNEY :)
- For Christmas I ordered these shirts for our family and all Logan’s Cousins that were coming on the trip (there will be 6 kids going) And one for Grandma!
I ordered them from: http://www.logantolayla.com/
- H&M has some great Disney clothes that are actually really cute & trendy! I got quite a few things for Logan there and even a cute Mickey sweater for myself.
HAT & BANDANA: H&M/ SUNGLASSES: CARTERS/ ONESIE: LOGAN&LAYLA/ MICKEY: WALMART
HAT & MICKEY SHIRT: H&M/ JEAN SHORTS: GAP
- Apparently when you go on the cruise you can bring something for all the characters to sign if you leave it at the front desk. I saw a couple really good ideas on Pinterest. The first one is to get a blank matted frame and get them to sign it so you can frame a family picture after. Or, the second is to get a pillow case and have them sign it. You can see an example of both below:
TRAVEL OUTFIT :)
Mickey Reversible Sweater: H&M/ Capri Shorts: H&M/ Sailor Shoes: Winners/ White Onesie: Carters/ Mickey Bib & Stuff Mickey: Walmart/ Mickey Bandana: H&M/ Mickey bucket Hat: Disney
- 50 Diapers
- 20 Swim Diapers
- Bottles/ mini Bottle Soap/ Brush/ Bottle Warmer
- Insulated bottle bag with ice pack (we have this one by Skip Hop: http://www.skiphop.com/product/grabgodoublebottlebag.html)
- Baby Food: He’s only just starting solids so I am just bringing 1 squeeze pack per day
- Bibs/ Baby spoons & bowls/ Sippy cup
- Formula (1 Can) (as I breastfeed half the time) & formula travel dispensing container
- Nursing Cover
- Light blankets (Aden & Anais are the perfect summer blankets), floor plankets, and one thicker blanket
- Ipod / Ipod Dock for white noise/ night light
- Sleep Sack/ Books/ Sleep Sheep/ Crib Sheet
- Tylenol or Tempra/ Nose Frida/ Diaper Cream/ Thermometer/ Pacifiers/ Teething gel/ Nail Trimmer
- Monitor (for when we are on the balcony)
- Baby Bjorn Carrier/ Sling (Bjorn link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267522&cp=&parentPage=search)
- Uppa Baby Stroller/ stroller fan/ UV cover <see below>
- Toys (packing his three favorites for when we are in the room etc… Find them below)
- IPAD – Logan LOVES the nursery rhymes on Hooplakidz (on youtube) however, I needed to find some things on Itunes since we won’t always have access to WIFI… so I downloaded some episodes of the Wiggles & Bubble Guppies
- Hand Sanitizer
- Lots of extra Pacifiers & Clips :)
- Wubba nub pacifier for in the pack n play – he can find it so much easier in the night (link: http://www.toysrus.com/buy/pacifiers/wubbanub-infant-pacifier-yellow-duck-wn21196-10823569)
- baby pool float/ hooded towels
- autograph book for memories :)
- Pirate accessories for Pirate night
- Ziploc bags for wet clothes etc…
- Sunscreen – we are bringing these natural sunscreens below…
The one thing I love about our Uppa baby stroller is the big sun shade on it…
But I also bought two UV covers for when we are out in the Sunshine and Logan needs to sleep….I love that you can roll it up and just have the breathable mesh, and it’s almost water proof in case it rains. It can also fold up really tiny into a little bag.
Stroller Fan – I scored this off VARAGE for $3 – but you can find it here: http://www.amazon.ca/Outop-Random-Color-Stroller-Clip-/dp/B00RTBI3NO/ref=sr_1_14/188-9088176-0801351?ie=UTF8&qid=1429481840&sr=8-14&keywords=stroller+fan
It’s battery powered and has foam wings on it, so its super soft if baby touches it
I also borrowed a pair of Baby Ear muffs from s friend incase Logan needs them for sleeping in loud areas – such as at the shows etc. Worth a shot! lol
IN OUR CARRY ON
- Diapers/ Wipes/ Change Mat
- Bottles/ Formula/ Bottle Warmer
- Toys/ Security Blanket
- Teething toy/ Teething gel
- Diaper cream/ lotion/
- IPAD/ Camera
- Sunscreen & Swimsuits etc – all clothes we need for the first day :)
- light playmat that we can wipe down
PACKING FOR MOMMY & DADDY
- Sun Hats/ Sunscreen/ sunglasses
- Beach coverups
- Water bottle
- Wine Opener (Going to pick some up at the Duty Free- Disney cruises have less restrictions for bringing booze on board :))
- Camera/ Charger/ Selfie stick
- extra batteries
- Advil and other medications
I ordered a couple of bathing suits for the trip:
I got this swim suit from TRIANGL and love it! It’s one of the only bikini’s I will probably wear on the trip and it is super comfortable and I love the material!! Their sizing I found is also really accurate. And you can have a live chat with their employees and they will help you select a size. I ordered a small top and medium bottom!
You can order them here: http://international.triangl.com/collections/swimwear
(BUYER BEWARE though – it does not include Duty if you are ordering to Canada)
The second bathing suit I ordered was from Swim Spot – and I love it because I feel like its got great coverage and is really universal especially being a new mommy! As a mom you are constantly bending and Logan is always grabbing me. So I feel really comfortable that we won’t have any mishaps in it :) haha. I also love that I can just throw a pair of shorts on and wear it as a tank top to the beach or the pool.
Now BUYER BEWARE – I found the sizes for the top to be way off! I ended up having to send the top back and get a new one, and still it’s a little big. I managed to shrink it in the wash, but might actually have to get my mom to take in the straps a little bit.
You can order it here: https://www.swimspot.com/shop/tankini-tops/next-lined-up-double-up-tankini-top/black/
Believe it or not but Ardenes actually has some awesome bathing suits! and they are SUPER cheap – currently they have a buy one get one half off sale!
I also got these awesome high waisted bottoms from American Eagle – I wasn’t sure if they would be my thing … but I love that you can roll them down if you want or wear them different ways. (and they are also buy one get one half off right now :))
Now – I also desperately needed a comfortable pair of sandals to wear. My feet actually never went back to their original size after being pregnant :( although they shrunk abit, a lot of my previous sandals just weren’t as comfortable anymore. I bought these from Sports Check – they are by SANUK and are actually made out of YOGA MAT material – cool eh? and the fabric that goes around your toes and ankle is SUPER soft.
Anyways, they are soooo comfortable!!! they were a really great purchase!! (I got mine in all black)
Since I have to share a suitcase and pack minimally…. I just grabbed easy stuff like maxi dresses, v kneck tshirts, shorts, and kimono’s. Luckily we don’t have to wear anything to fancy!
See you all in a week!!!! :):)