As I was browsing through pinterest (my usual routine when I get home from work) I spotted a workout video that looked interesting. I watched it and then after a cardio warm up thought I would give it a try. Not only is it an awesome workout but the girl who does the video is pretty hilarious (with a wicked bod to boot!!) You need almost nothing but your body weight for the workouts and could do it your living room! I did the first one below Saturday and the second one last night, and my thighs & butt are still killin me!
The videos are from her site: http://www.bodyrock.tv/ , they have some awesome videos, meal plans & fitness tips!! Best part?? You get all the information for FREE!!!! 🙂
Now I will warn you, write down the workout first while you watch it and then do it. Because unfortunately she doesn’t wait for you in the video to do all the reps.
Bad girls workout…
the 50 second intervals are killler…… I did the whole routine 3 times.
When you actually go to the wesbite, she posts the workout routine right under the videos which helps!
As many of you know I am shaping up for my upcoming Wedding. I started a healthy eating plan & steady work out routine in January with my trainer. So far so good! So although the journey continues, I thought I would share some more fitness inspiration.
Here is a great article on “10 Lessons in Female Fat Loss” – this is so true, I am following all 10 right now!! (especially the high protein)
I am eating a ton of fruits & veggies. Lots of smaller meals – and I have to say I constantly feel full!!
fuel your body with lots of PROTEIN, WATER & VITAMINS 🙂
I have also learned that short & hard workouts are best. Not only do you not have to spend as much time working out, you see results!
Pushups should be your new bestfriend – they make you stronger & leaner!
What are my end goals?
a really sexy back…
And lean & gorgeous arms….
Oh and something to put things in perspective. I came across this yesterday and really made me think! I keep saying that I have “only lost a couple pounds” However, after looking at this picture it really does make you think that each pound really does make a difference!!!
And here is another great picture to show the difference between 5 lbs of FAT & 5 lbs of MUSCLE!! Crazy….
Get Fit & Have fun 🙂
Okay… So I have to start off by saying I am SOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!! The gym in our garage is complete! We have already started using it, and it is awesome!
So you might remember in my previous post we put the rubber flooring down…
I ended up painting the walls and putting up a couple chalk board paint in certain areas….
Here are some other pictures from around the gym.. Now please keep in mind this is still a GARAGE!! so it’s not glamorous by any means, but does the job 🙂
So there it is, our own little space to get fit & healthy!! It’s no Goodlife, but hey atleast I know there won’t be any creeper stares! haha
Remember to be Patient!
Get Fit & Have Fun!!
So with our new home gym underway (pictures coming soon I promise), I have been getting myself motivated and my butt in gear! Here are some interesting Fitness tips I came across to help you guys as well 🙂 We might as well all get fit together right?
Here are some of the best tips I got from an article called “51 Fastest Ways to Burn Fat”…..
- Crank it up early. Working out harder during the first half of your workout and taking it easier during the second burns up to 23 percent more fat than doing the opposite, according to a study from The College of New Jersey.
- Go hard — and make it quick. Staying at 80 percent of your max heart rate for 40 minutes can amp your metabolism for 19 hours afterward, research published in Obesity notes. And doing a shorter workout at 75 percent of your max aerobic capacity will give you a greater metabolic boost than sweating longer at 50 percent, a Colorado State University reveals.
- Lift dumbbells … slowly. More muscle equals mega metabolism boost. Strength training can help you trim major fat, research reveals — and doing super-slow (versus normal speed) reps increases strength by 50 percent.
- Speed up, slow down. Alternating bouts of high-intensity and low-intensity cardio has been shown to torch pounds.
- Let kettlebells ring. Not only does working out with kettlebells build muscle, but doing it for 20 minutes burns as many calories as running at a 6-minute-mile pace for the same amount of time.
IN THE KITCHEN:
- Get more protein. Eating a protein-packed breakfast and lunch helps you burn more post-meal fat than if you eat lower-protein meals, according to Australian research.
- Have an omelet. Eating two eggs for breakfast while dieting will help you trim more weight and body fat than if you ate the same amount of calories noshing on a bagel, scientists say.
- Munch on these. Almonds, cherries, yogurt, grapefruit, whole grains, and spicy foods have all been shown to torch fat.
- Fuel up right. Eating a low-glycemic-index breakfast (such as muesli and peaches) will help you burn more fat during a subsequent workout than eating a high-glycemic-index meal (like waffles), researchers from the University of Nottingham reveal.
- Think before you drink. Sipping as few as 90 calories’ worth of vodka can slow your metabolism by 73 percent, one study shows.
- Graze. Women who go without eating for long periods are more likely to have higher body-fat percentages than women who nosh more regularly, one study notes.
(Source: fatskinnygirl, via 120soon)
Have a good workout, I know I just did!!