Most people dream of bigger & better when it comes to their home. I have to admit at times I am also guilty of this. However, if you can use a small space properly it can make a world of difference. It’s amazing by just changing colours & furniture how you can completely transform your tiny home into a visually bigger space.
Let’s get started…
- First off, brightening up a small space with a light colour palette on the walls always make the room feel bigger.
- Next – De-clutter the entry way, make sure when people walk into your home they are visually pleased and have lots of room to come in…
3. Kitchen – Choose a colour pallete that best represents your style. Making a kitchen lighter & brighter always makes the space feel bigger. Having lots of storage is also beneficial so your counter space isn’t all cluttered, as a kitchen should look sterile. Below you can see that even though it is a tiny kitchen, it is nice and cheery…and gives off an inviting feeling.
“When there’s little difference between the colors of the walls, the countertops, the cabinetry, and the woodwork, your eye glides over the surfaces looking for a place to rest, and that movement tricks you into thinking the space is larger than it really is. Here, the cabinets, backsplash, and flooring are close in color value — a soft gray-green — so the eye doesn’t trip over sudden shifts from dark to light.” (click on the above picture, to read the rest of the article)
4. Mirrors – these are a great source to reflect the light in the room and give the illusion of a bigger space.
I love this picture below of “Life in the Fun Lane” dining room… I love her whole house, but here you can see the extra large mirror she used. I love it.
5. Light, Light & more LIGHT – an easy & inexpensive way to brighten the space! Just open those windows and let the sun shine through!!
6. Surround yourself with your favorite things & make sure the space is comfortable. Comfort is key in your home, especially when it is tiny. You want to make sure that every piece of furniture can be used and your family & guests will find comfort no matter where they are seated.
Here are some Before & Afters (I always love these :))
Check out this dingy old basement reno. I LOVE that they painted the brick, and made the most of this tiny space.
Check out some tiny bathroom reno’s here… amazing B&A pictures!!!!