I have come across some websites with great recipes & healthy eating ideas 🙂
Thought I would share them with you….
- Apple with PB & raisins as a sandwich
- Whole grain waffle with peanut butter, cinnamon & apple slices
- Regular oatmeal with fruit and honey
- Fresh fruit
- Grapefruit with whole wheat toast and low-sugar almond butter
- 0% Greek Yogurt with honey and cinnamon
Oatmeal From the Crockpot!!
This I found from a really good blog called www.skinnycrockpot.com
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup light coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tsp. dry coconut flakes, unsweetened, low fat
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almonds (optional)
- In your crock pot, combine the oats, coconut milk, almond milk, coconut flakes and cocoa powder and whisk until the cocoa powder is well incorporated into the milk.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until liquid is completely soaked up by the oats.
- When finished, stir in the almonds (optional), allow to cool and serve.
I love a good Sandwich for Lunch! ♥
Chicken and Feta
2 slices seven-grain bread, toasted
2 oz grilled chicken, sliced
1/4 avocado, sliced
2 Tbsp crumbled feta
4 Kalamata olives, pitted
1/2 cup mache
Top one slice of toast with chicken, avocado, feta, olives, and mache. Top with the second slice.
Per serving: 469 cal; 19 g fat (5 g sat fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 47 g carbs; 877 mg sodium; 28 g protein; 8 g fiber
Read more at Wholeliving.com: Super Sandwich Combinations
Tuna and Quinoa Wrap
1/2 cup 2 percent Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 6-inch whole-wheat wrap
1/4 cup tuna in olive oil, drained
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1 tsp capers
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Mix yogurt, herbs, and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread 2 Tbsp of yogurt mixture on wrap. Top with tuna, quinoa, capers, and lemon zest. Fold wrap to seal.
Per serving: 167 cal; 5 g fat (1 g sat fat); 21 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbs; 428 mg sodium; 21 g protein; 2 g fiber
- Lettuce Wraps with ground turkey or lean ground beef
- Shrimp and vegetables on Kabob
- Grilled chicken breast with roasted or steamed veggies
I am definately going to have to try this recipe next week from pickyin.blogspot.com
- 3 tablespoons regular olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs (bone in, with skin)
- 750 grams chorizo sausages, whole if baby ones, or cut into 4-cm chunks if regular-sized
- 1 kilogram baby potatoes, half the larger ones
- 2 red onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- grated zest of one orange
- salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7 and place 2 wire racks on the upper and lower thirds. Put the oil in the bottom of 2 shallow roasting tins (I used jelly roll baking trays), about 1 1/2 tablespoons in each. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, season with salt accordingly, then turn them skin-side up, 6 pieces in each tin. Divide the chorizo sausages and the new potatoes between the 2 tins.
Sprinkle the onion and the oregano over, then grate the orange zest over the arranged contents of the 2 tins. Cook for 30 minutes, then swap the top tray with the bottom tray in the oven and baste the contents with the orange-colored juices. Continue cooking for about 30 minutes or till chicken is done.